Thursday, November 24, 2005

On being a link in the chain...

How thrilling to see that God has been answering my prayers and I didn't even realise it. Since starting my job I've been praying for opportunities to share the gospel with my boss, but have found it really difficult to get into meaningful conversation with him, as we're so different - in terms of age, outlook, bank balance (!!), everything. I've been working hard, looking to be a witness to the supreme greatness and worth of Christ in the way that I serve (Col 3v17), but have felt disheartened with the lack of opportunities for actual gospel conversation. Then at a work conference, a good friend of my boss came alongside me and thanked me for making my boss think about spiritual things! He told me that my boss had come to him and asked him what it meant to be an evangelical Christian (as that was what I'd identified myself as, and so does his friend), and they had spent some time talking about the gospel! How thrilling that God was answering my prayer all along, and had caused my boss to think about spiritual things by something little I'd said, which had led him to ask his good friend to explain it all to him!

God is so good :)

1 comment:

Gareth said...

Wow Rach that's amazing. How come you didn't mention that before? Praise God! That must have been so exciting to hear!