Wednesday, October 26, 2005

We've come a long long way together...

Went home for a couple of days, and was wandering round different places that bring back memories. I think most of those memories are from 2001, the year I became seriously ill. It seems like another world now, but then I was housebound, struggling to survive, completely reliant on the doc at the hospital, scared about everything, completely hopeless. I've not known anything that horrific since, and I'm so thankful to God for that.

Going back made me see how far I've come since then. I still bear the scars, and so do my family, and my church, and friendships from that period. But to see how much God has brought me through, showed me Himself, and truly taught me that His power is made perfect in weakness - that's just mindblowing.

And yet I forget so soon! Lord, help me to always remember the valleys you've taken me through, so I will never cease to praise your faithfulness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey rach, just thought I'd say I'm a fan of your blog - it's very encouraging. Hope to see yeh soon! Thanks, Danj