Thursday, February 02, 2006

The gift of older, wiser Christians

This afternoon I had the real privelege of meeting up with Colin and Glenys Jones. He was the pastor in my parents' church during their courtship, he married them, and pastored them for the first few years of marriage and when me and my sis were small. It was so good to meet up with them, twenty years after, and to share how God has been so good to us. They can testify to God's faithfulness in their lives, and so can I. And it's just brilliant spending time with older, wiser Christians, to learn from them, and be encouraged by them.

God is so good, giving us older Christians who can teach us and help us. I was reading in Exodus 18, when Moses's father in law Jethro comes to see him. He looks at Moses's situation, and as an outsider, and an older man, is able to give Moses really good advice. Praise God for the wisdom that comes with experience and time, and can be of so much benefit to us young'uns!

No comments: