Thursday, May 11, 2006

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!

I've been reading Hosea and Amos over the past week. Both prophets had a harrowing task, telling God's chosen people that He is no longer their God, that they have gone too far, and now they will face His just wrath against them.

But they also tell about God's plan for redeeming a remnant for Himself -

"I will betroth you to me for ever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD." Hosea 2v19,20

"I will plant them on their land, and they shall never again be uprooted out of the land that I have given them" Amos 9v15

And this plan is fullproof. It is eternal. This is the plan sealed in the blood of Christ! How thrilling that here, in the midst of His anger, He promises mercy, and an everlasting covenant with His people. Nothing can separate me from God, because He has betrothed me to Himself, He has planted me and nobody can move me!

Praise God that salvation is all of Him, and so I am absolutely assured that He will keep me to the end!

1 comment:

Bethan said...

hey happy birthday for today [which is obviousy today lol]
hope ur ok?
peace out and all that jazz
bethan