Thursday, May 18, 2006

Feeling icky...

So I've managed to burn out after a very busy few months (involving lots of meeting prospective in-laws!!), I eventually ground to a halt on Tuesday. I haven't been taking enough rest, and have been too eager to be involved in everything!! So anyway I found myself crumpled in a heap on Tuesday morning, having to cancel all the things I'd planned to do that day, and for the rest of the week, and who knows, maybe longer. I was feeling really sorry for myself.

Then I did my quiet time, and what should come up that day in Search the Scriptures but Psalm 13:
"I have trusted in your steadfast love,
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord
because He has dealt bountifully with me."

A big 'amen' leapt from my heart, quickly followed by a big 'sorry' for being so caught up in my own self-pity that I forgot all the riches God has lavished upon me, not least of all my salvation! Things may be hard at the moment, and I do find these down times frustrating, but God is still God, my salvation is still sure, and He still gives me many, many blessings each and every day that I should thank Him for!

Praise God for His divine appointments, for speaking to me even in the depths of self-pity, and gently lifting my eyes away from myself and up to Him!

No comments: