Monday, May 22, 2006

If God is not absolutely sovereign...

then suffering is to be feared. If God has not ordained everything that happens to me, and personally designed it for my good and His glory, then I have little cause for hope. If He sees bad things happen, and begrudgingly allows them, or is always trying to patch things up and make the best of a bad situation, then He is weak, and not the Rock that I can build my life on.

But praise God, He is in absolute control, He is the God of Abraham, the God of Job, the God of Paul, who does all things for His glory and His childrens' good. Therefore I shouldn't get frusrated when things don't go the way I want them to. I should stand with Paul and say I'm content in every situation, knowing that my Father has chosen it for me, to teach me more of Himself, to refine me, and to bring glory to His name.

I really need to remember this now, as I'm so prone to getting frustrated!!

1 comment:

Hevapeva said...

contentment is hard but it is learned and it is achievable clealy in Christ! God always wants the best for you in every situation. Will make you more like him everyday! wooo :)